Wednesday, March 7, 2012

a tisket a tasket...

 I saw a picture on Pinterest  of a beautiful old basket with a long rope handle and I just had to replicate it in some way.   I found two magazine baskets this weekend for 5.99 a piece.   They were natural so I spray painted them black.


I purchased some rope from the hardware store and used four ikea dishtowels.






I made sure to pick a basket with open holes for handles so the rope could be slipped through and knotted. I simply stitched two Ikea towels together.   If you wash them first they have a more vintage appearance.   The towels from Ikea probably have 100 other uses then just an old dish towel!  Such a quick and easy project.




                                        Linking up to
                                   Savvy Southern Style
                                                                  Primp

12 comments:

thistlewoodfarm said...

Bristol,

This is such an awesome idea to add the rope to the baskets....I am pinning this. I wish I would have thought of this....you are so creative :)

blessings,
karianne

luci wallis said...

test

Deserae said...

Love it...using the rope for handles is so clever too!
~Des

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is really a great project, Luci! It really turned out wonderfully! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Just realized the Luci is from your blog name, Bristol! I've really enjoyed my visit to your blog...I am a new follower!

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

These are so neat, Bristol! I'm so glad you stopped my blog so I could head over and see you. Fabulous blog!

Ashley said...

This is a really cute project!

SImple and Serene Living said...

I really love this. That's a great idea for those Ikea dish towels and I've always love the fact that they are so inexpensive. Thanks so much for visiting me. I am a new follower.
Laura from ImSoVintage

vintage grey said...

hi bristol, love the basket and rope idea! i love those towels from ikea. they are the best! thanks for visiting my blog and i enjoyed visiting yours. i'll be back! :) xo heather

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

That is so neat! I love the black with the rope! Love Ikea...love it.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Bristol, I love hte rope handles. Amazing what a little paint and rope can do. lol! The towels add just the right touch. Now a new follower.
Hugs,
Jann

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

What a great idea...I love the rope and the dishtowels...just awesome. I'm totally pinning it. :)
Karah