Tuesday, March 6, 2012

i have nothing....

 I made a promise to myself that I would try to post daily... well maybe Monday - Friday.   I am knee deep in painting and reworking some things in my little kitchen redo;  so I don't have any eye popping posts for you... I do have this...   I love this antiquing glaze it can add the look of old in a few strokes.

A few years ago I was searching for an old vintage dress form....but here is the thing about me,  I am, well frugal...and those little sweeties can get you deep in the pockets.  While searching the net a few years ago, I  found on Heather Bullard's blog how she made a new dress form look old.   Well I jumped right on ebay and ordered a dress form for $45 dollars and waited for her to arrive.
I started with a coat of  a creamy colored paint, and with the brush added some texture.  After she dried I added Valspar Antiquing glaze..


I sanded the base and added glaze to that as well I covered the metal with old music sheets.  I am sorry to say she has a lovely wood top...and at the moment it is missing.... I think it fell into the abyss or better known as my closet.


I added some vintage satin ribbon and embellished the top from my stash of buttons.


You can never go wrong attaching vintage baubles and keys with twine....



Perfect to display my vintage horse ribbons.....

3 comments:

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

so pretty, Bristol! xoxo

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

She looks great...and I love how you've adorned her, especially the wonderful vintage horse ribbons!

domestiCate said...

This dress form it to die for! I love that you made it your own. Who needs a pricy vintage one?! I love that antiquing glaze, too. I just used it on a project myself.