Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Authentic Living


                                                   
Authentic~ adjective... not false or copied; genuine; real: an authentic antique.    
 This word has been on my mind lately.  I have read about it in blogs and Somerset Life even has a feature on authentic living.    When I read the article I thought this is where I need to be.   You see I quit my job in November, it wasn't just a job it was my retail career of 19 years.   It was a great decision I was leaving a job that had consumed me and taken me away from my family more then it should.     Don't get me wrong I love being home and there for my son.  But a question came up everyday who was I going to be?  I was always defined as that career girl .  I tried to pick up blogging again but it just did not hold my interest like it had in the past.  When I was that working girl I always dreamed of  staying home , developing my blog and opening the little shop of my dreams.  When I resigned I thought oh no problem I will blog and do my online shop.....easier said then done.    So for the past four months I have cleaned my little heart out, cooked , and enjoyed family time... but felt like for the first time I had no direction.   
After reading that article it clicked I wanted to live an authentic life... be that genuine real person.  
So as I start this new blog today I look forward to see where it heads.     I hope you will follow me along the way~

10 comments:

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Oh my goodness this is such a great way to start a new blog. Did you see we're throwing a last minute party this Friday...a What does your blog want to be when it grows up? party. It'd be so fun if you wanted to post about some of your new blog goals and join in the fun. I posted about it yesterday. http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/when-im-five/ :)
Karah

SImple and Serene Living said...

I am looking forward to seeing where your road leads.
Hugs,
Laura

Tricia said...

Bristol: I can totally relate to achieving the dream of staying home with a little one, only to realize that leaving the working world can be terrifying. Best of luck to you on your journey.

Tricia

P.S. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. That's always such a nice thing.

Tonya @ My Cozy Little Farmhouse said...

Hi Bristol! I would be happy to follow your blog. Will you be adding Google Friend Connect, Linky or Networked Blohs so people can follow you?

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

Welcome back!! So glad you're back in the game ... I've returned too after some time off - and I think it is exactly what I needed to get those juices flowing again.

Thank you for your comment on my blog - I so appreciate it - and LOVED seeing your name again!

xoxo -Tracy.

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

PS - LOVE the new blog design! xoxo

ANNE said...

Enjoy the new journey! xox

Unknown said...

A beautiful way to start!

Hope said...

Hi Bristol~
Oh thanks so much for stopping by my blog! We have so much in common I can't even begin. We have been restoring a little farmhouse for about 20 years. It was built in the 1850's. Let me tell you a labor of love. I am so happy to see your blog & your shop is lovely. We also have a horse stable...so I am really excited...I'm going shopping!
XOXO~Hope

Tania Pelletier said...

Congratulations on being able to leave your job. I've always had that dream as well and am slowly working toward it. I can see how it might be a shock to the system like you've described tho. I wish you luck in your new journey.

And thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Easter surprises!

Tania